This policy explains how we may collect, use and process personal information about you, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your personal information and tells you certain things we will do and not do. It is effective from 16 May 2018 and replaces any previous policies.
Thorowgood Saddles' principal place of business is The Saddlery, Fryers Road, Bloxwich, Walsall WS3 2XJ.
Thorowgood may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
When we collect personal data
We may collect personal information about you:
- When you contact us with an enquiry by post, phone or email, or in response to a communication from us
- When you complete an online form - such as guarantee registration or a saddle serial number check
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information (including telephone), and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your computer or mobile device, plus IP address and browser
- Information about which pages you have viewed on our website, the length of time spent on particular pages and what you clicked on
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Using the personal information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Help us identify you when you contact us
- Improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting (using the email address which you have provided), if you have given us permission to do so
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may allow other people and organisations to use personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and we may disclose your personal information to these parties for example: for fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. Those parties are bound by strict contractual provisions with us and only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information
- We will not keep or store your personal data any longer than necessary to resolve your issue or respond fully to your enquiry. You may request that we destroy your data at any time by writing or emailing email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us personal informtion through the website, we will give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We want to make our website easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called 'cookies'.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
- Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information during one task
- Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don't need to enter it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
See allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu to learn more about cookies.
Visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies for a video about cookies.
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website's features. Refer to your browser's Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as follows:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Cookie name _utma
The _utma cookie is part of Google analytics, and is primarily used to track visits to any site that uses Google analytics. _utma stores the number of visits made from your device, the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit. This cookie does not contain any personal information other than the IP address of your device. This is a third-party cookie.
By using this website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Thorowgood, The Saddlery, Fryers Road, Bloxwich, Walsall, West Midlands, WS3 2XJ, UK. There is no fee payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you think your personal data has been processed in a way that does not comply with General Data Protection Regulation